I've been a professional web developer for over 11 years. Though mainly focused on front-end development, I have full-stack experience with several languages and frameworks. A "hand raiser" and fast learner, I seek challenges and new ways to contribute. I've worked on large-scale projects from start to finish, as well as jumped in at the last minute to help finish products before launch. In my free time, I also code personal projects and participate in mentoring programs for people interested in learning to code.
- Legacies of War – Pro bono web designer/developer for organization dedicated to raising awareness about the legacies of the Vietnam War-era bombing of Laos.
- WHFR – Pro bono web designer/developer for volunteer-run community radio station.
- WP User Avatar – Creator of open source plugin for WordPress. Within the top 100 (out of 30,000+) of the most popular WordPress plugins. Sold in June 2014.
2018 – present
Studio Lead / Front-End Architect
2015 – 2018
Studio Senior / Front-End Engineer
- Lead engineer and architect for web applications in consultancy role.
- Full-stack development using Angular, React, Node.js, Ruby on Rails, .NET (C#), and Salesforce.
- Test-driven development (TDD) using Enzyme, Jasmine, Mocha, Chai, RSpec, and NUnit.
- Worked closely with user experience (UX) and visual designers in Agile and LEAN environments.
- Mentored junior web engineers; implemented code reviews and code pairing sessions.
- Presented technical requirements to prospective clients.
- Maintained documentation and internal reference materials.
- Coordinated with distributed and off-shore team members.
2014 – 2015
Front End Developer
- Developed web applications with AngularJS, Backbone.js, Bootstrap, jQuery, and SCSS within ASP.NET MVC.
- Participated in weekly Agile sprints and served as Scrum Master.
- Performed peer code reviews.
- Used Atlassian tools (Bitbucket, Jira, Bamboo) for project management and deployment.
- Interviewed candidates for open positions.
2012 – 2014
Front End Engineer
- Developed front-end for web applications in technology start-up environment.
- Created WordPress (PHP) plugin for contextual advertising widget.
- Attended Nielsen Norman Group's Usability Week for UX training.
- Participated in a 2-day hackathon with engineering team.
2007 – 2012
User Interface Developer
- Built custom content management systems (CMS) with Ruby on Rails, Haml, and Sass.
- Installed and managed Linux distributions on Virtual Private Servers (VPS).
- Integrated third-party APIs and components from other developers.
- Projected digital video and English supertitles during live musical play Cesar and Ruben.
- Edited and optimized digital video for projection.
- Purchased and maintained projection equipment based on production needs.
2006 – 2007
Systems Analyst II
- Built and revised Web sites for distributing online and print forms.
- Maintained Internet applications to provide forms and handbooks to agency staff.
- Reviewed and tested accessibility (Section 508) methods and technologies.
2004 – 2006
Instructional Technology Technician
- Coordinated audio/visual needs for special events in 748-person capacity Multi-Purpose Hall.
- Provided daily audio/visual support for faculty/staff and maintained performance logs.
- Created DVDs, PowerPoint presentations and other materials for instructional use.
2003 – 2004
- Assisted editorial department during post-production of feature film Fahrenheit 9/11.
- Maintained FileMaker Pro database of original footage and archival tape library.
- Provided technical support for network computers and peripherals.
2002 – 2004
Master of Fine Arts: Media Arts Production
- Winner of departmental "MVP" award for the most exemplary student in the class of 2004.
1997 – 2001
Bachelor of Arts: Film Studies
- One of the first graduates in Film Studies at Barnard College.