I'm a Los Angeles-based full-stack developer with over 11 years' professional experience. As an incredibly fast learner, I have the ability to pick up new languages and frameworks in a short amount of time. I've worked on large-scale projects from start to finish, as well as jumped in at the last minute to help finish products before launch. In my free time, I also code personal projects and participate in mentoring programs for people interested in learning to code.
- Legacies of War – Pro bono web designer/developer for organization dedicated to raising awareness about the legacies of the Vietnam War-era bombing of Laos.
- WHFR – Pro bono web designer/developer for volunteer-run community radio station.
- WP User Avatar – Creator of open source plugin for WordPress. Within the top 100 (out of 30,000+) of the most popular WordPress plugins. Sold in June 2014.
- Full-stack web development with UX focus
- Responsive design and cross-browser compatibility
- Test-driven and behavior-driven development
- W3C standards and Section 508 accessibility
- Search engine optimization
- Linux system administration
Frameworks / Libraries
- Ruby on Rails
Graphics / Video
- Final Cut Pro
- Pro Tools
2015 – present
Senior Front-End Engineer
- Lead engineer and architect for web applications in consultancy role.
- Full-stack development using Angular, React, Node.js, Ruby on Rails, .NET, and Salesforce.com.
- Worked closely with UX and UI designers in Agile and LEAN environments.
- Mentored junior web engineers; implemented code reviews and code pairing sessions.
- Presented technical requirements to prospective clients.
- Maintained documentation and internal reference materials.
- Coordinated with distributed and off-shore team members.
2014 – 2015
Front End Developer
- Developed web applications with AngularJS, Backbone.js, Bootstrap, Compass, and SCSS within ASP.NET.
- Participated in weekly Agile sprints and served as Scrum Master.
- Used Atlassian tools for project management and deployment.
- Interviewed candidates for open positions.
2012 – 2014
Front End Engineer
- Developed front-end for web applications using HTML5/CSS3/jQuery and Ruby on Rails.
- Created WordPress plugin for contextual advertising widget.
- Attended Nielsen Norman Group's Usability Week for UX training.
- Participated in a 2-day hackathon with engineering team.
2007 – 2012
User Interface Developer
- Built full-stack Web applications and content management systems (CMS) with Ruby on Rails and Haml/Sass.
- Installed and managed Linux distributions on Virtual Private Servers (VPS).
- Coded e-mail campaigns using HTML compatible across major e-mail clients.
- Integrated third-party APIs and components from other developers.
- Projected digital video and English supertitles during live musical play Cesar and Ruben.
- Edited and optimized digital video for projection.
- Purchased and maintained projection equipment based on production needs.
2006 – 2007
Systems Analyst II
- Built and revised Web sites for distributing online and print forms.
- Maintained Internet applications to provide forms and handbooks to agency staff.
- Reviewed and tested accessibility methods and technologies.
2004 – 2006
Instructional Technology Technician
- Coordinated audio/visual needs for special events in 748-person capacity Multi-Purpose Hall.
- Provided daily audio/visual support for faculty/staff and maintained performance logs.
- Created DVDs, PowerPoint presentations and other materials for instructional use.
2003 – 2004
- Assisted editorial department during post-production of feature film Fahrenheit 9/11.
- Maintained FileMaker Pro database of original footage and archival tape library.
- Provided technical support for network computers and peripherals.
2002 – 2004
Master of Fine Arts: Media Arts Production
- Winner of departmental "MVP" award for the most exemplary student in the class of 2004.
1997 – 2001
Bachelor of Arts: Film Studies
- One of the first graduates in Film Studies at Barnard College.