Bangbay Siboliban Seattle, WA
I'm a creative technologist with over a decade of professional experience in web development. A “hand raiser” and constant learner, I seek challenges and new ways to contribute. In my spare time, I also code personal projects and mentor people interested in learning to code.
2020 – present
Senior Software Engineer
- Working on Webex Teams.
2019 – 2020
Senior Software Engineer
- Full-stack development primarily with Ruby on Rails and Node.js within a distributed service architecture.
- Team lead responsible for defining user stories and tasks, and shepherding releases.
- Worked with product managers and other team leads to determine roadmaps and priorities.
- Pushed for technical excellence and consistency; performed code reviews across multiple journey teams.
2018 – 2019
Studio Lead / Front-End Architect
2015 – 2018
Studio Senior / Front-End Engineer
- Lead engineer and architect for web applications in consultancy role.
- Full-stack development using Angular, React, Vue, Node.js, Ruby on Rails, .NET (C#), and Salesforce.
- Test-driven development (TDD) using a variety of tools, such as Enzyme, Jasmine, Mocha, RSpec, and NUnit.
- Worked closely with user experience (UX) and visual designers in an Agile environment.
- Mentored junior web engineers; implemented code reviews and code pairing sessions.
- Presented technical requirements to prospective clients.
- Maintained documentation and internal reference materials.
- Coordinated with distributed and off-shore team members.
2014 – 2015
Front End Developer
- Developed web applications with AngularJS, Backbone.js, Bootstrap, jQuery, and SCSS within ASP.NET MVC.
- Performed peer code reviews.
- Used Atlassian tools (Bitbucket, Jira, Bamboo) for project management and deployment.
- Participated in weekly Agile sprints and served as Scrum Master.
- Interviewed candidates for open positions.
2012 – 2014
Front End Engineer
- Developed front-end for Ruby on Rails applications in technology start-up environment.
- Created WordPress (PHP) plugin for contextual advertising widget.
- Attended Nielsen Norman Group's Usability Week for UX training.
- Participated in a 2-day hackathon with engineering team.
2007 – 2012
User Interface Developer
- Built custom content management systems (CMS) with Ruby on Rails, Haml, and Sass.
- Installed and managed Linux distributions on virtual private servers (VPS).
- Integrated third-party APIs and components from other developers.
- Projected digital video and English supertitles during live musical play Cesar and Ruben.
- Edited and optimized digital video for projection.
- Purchased and maintained projection equipment based on production needs.
2006 – 2007
Systems Analyst II
- Built and revised websites for distributing online and print forms.
- Maintained Internet applications to provide forms and handbooks to agency staff.
- Reviewed and tested accessibility (Section 508) methods and technologies.
2004 – 2006
Instructional Technology Technician
- Coordinated audio/visual needs for special events in 748-person capacity Multi-Purpose Hall.
- Provided daily audio/visual support for faculty/staff and maintained performance logs.
- Created DVDs, PowerPoint presentations and other materials for instructional use.
2003 – 2004
- Assisted editorial department during post-production of feature film Fahrenheit 9/11.
- Maintained FileMaker Pro database of original footage and archival tape library.
- Provided technical support for network computers and peripherals.
- Legacies of War – Pro bono web designer/developer for organization dedicated to raising awareness about the legacies of the Vietnam War-era bombing of Laos.
- WHFR – Pro bono web designer/developer for volunteer-run community radio station.
- WP User Avatar – Creator of open source plugin for WordPress. Within the top 100 (out of 30,000+) of the most popular WordPress plugins. Sold in June 2014.
2019 – present
Bachelor of Science: Computer Science
- Postbaccalaureate degree, expected Summer 2020.
- EECS Career Showcase Travel Scholarship recipient
2002 – 2004
Master of Fine Arts: Media Arts Production
- Winner of departmental “MVP” award for the most exemplary student in my graduating class.
1997 – 2001
Bachelor of Arts: Film Studies
- One of the first graduates in Film Studies at Barnard College.
2018 – 2019
Full Stack Developer Certification
6 certifications equivalent to
- Responsive Web Design Certification
- Front End Libraries Certification
- Data Visualization Certification
- APIs and Microservices Certification
- Information Security and Quality Assurance Certification
- 6 certifications equivalent to 1,800 curriculum hours: